This week’s Pizza Friday entry was inspired by caterer Abigail Kirsch’s recipe on Epicurious.com.
Yield: Makes 4 (appetizer) servings
2 cups matzoh farfel
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup seasoned tomato sauce (low-sodium/low-sugar)
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese or whatever sort of cheese you prefer (we used a mix that we hand-grated)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Whisk the eggs together in a medium bowl. Add the farfel and salt; blend well.
3. Heat the oil in a 9-inch nonstick skillet, over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook until the eggs have set and the bottom of the crust is golden brown. Slip the crust onto a large plate and invert back into the skillet onto the uncooked side. Brown side for about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Spoon the tomato sauce over the top of the crust and cover well with the mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake the pizza in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and cut into wedges.
Cook’s Tip: The pizza will serve 4 as an appetizer. Feel free to add herbs to the crust and fresh vegetables as toppings.
- littleladieswholunch posted this